This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past Due Expenses West Virginia

I live in IA but my past employer is in WV.

I have separated from a company that admittedly owes me over $5000 in travel expenses. They have repeatedly told me they would "be on the next paycheck", & have not been. This week i left the company (for obvious reasons) & during my final conversation with the owner, she acknowledged & agreed to pay all overdue expenses. I just rec'd my last check, & they were not included. I know this does not go thru DOL, but what is my best course of legal action to recoup these expenses owed to me?

Thanks.

The only two choices are small claims court or talk to an atorney about a general court action. I know nothing about which would be best in WV. Talking to a local attorney for one hour would be worthwhile whatever you end up deciding.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X