X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAW
    replied
    Not my area of expertise, but the controlling language should be in something called a Summary Plan Document.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/retirem...infpension.htm

Leave a comment:

• CLuser98
    started a topic Retirement term changes

Retirement term changes

I have been with a company for 28 years. In a 1982 pamplet I have from my employer, it mentions elligible for full retirement as early as age 55 if years of service plus age = 85. So, I would be because at age 55 I will have my 30 years in.
    Recent employee handbooks do not show this clause.
    The present clause states retiring at age 50 @25%, age [email protected]%. age 60&75% of full benefits.
    So, it sounds like I can no longer retire at age 55 and full benefits, now if I chose age 55 I only get 50% benefits....
    I am assuming they can change the rules on the fly and I am out of luck, someone give me some hope that they cannot change that part of the plan cause I sure do want to get to Montana away from this rat race soon
    thanx
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X