X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ptmeyer
    replied
    Thank you for replying I kind of thought the same . We used to get paid but they took that away from us.

Leave a comment:

• ScottB
    replied
    Are you covered by a union contract or CBA? If so, there may be some provision in there about what you get for working on a holiday. I have employees on a federal contract and if they work on a holiday, I must pay them double time.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Overtime is not due unless you WORK over 40 hours in a workweek. If you WORK more than 40 hours, you have to be paid overtime; the holiday has nothing to do with it. But they are not required by law to consider time paid for but not worked in calculating overtime.

Leave a comment:

• ptmeyer
    started a topic only employee that has to work Holiday Washington

only employee that has to work Holiday Washington

I work for the City I am a non-exempt full time employee . However our Handbook says When computing overtime,holidays,sick leave and vacation are not counted as time worked but it also says Full time employees shall receive up to 8 hours pay for each holiday on which they perform NO WORK. Well I am the only one working the holidays and I am a waterplant operator and the State mandates that it is to be worked can they keep me from any over time compensation?
    Last edited by ptmeyer; 11-20-2006, 06:06 PM. Reason: had to change wording
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X