X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• utah law regarding termination

HI,

I own a small business with 4 employees and am planning to close down the business. By law am I required to give the employees any prior notice of termination or can they be fired with immediate effect? I do know that I have to pay their wages within 24 hours.

Thanks.

With such a small workforce, WARN does not come into play, so there is no requirement.

Can't you give them some notice though? After all, you're talking about people's livelihoods here.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you Patty,

Yes I will give them 7 days notice. I just want to be sure that I am not violating any laws. Where can I find out more about WARN?

Comment

It doesn't apply to you. The company must have at least 100 employees for it to apply.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X