This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Call in Texas

hello we are required to be on call once a month from friday to friday starting at 1630pm to 1630pm. Well during the holiday season like thanksgiving I was on call from the 18th till the 25th. Now I work for the school police department. On the 23rd all other employees were off except for the police officers we were on duty the 23rd from 0700 to 1300 we were given off early on the 23rd. Now the other officers except for me are off duty. I'm on call still until the 25th. Payroll has stated that you must work 40 hours a week before earning overtime. I understand that, but when you are on mandatory call like I was. Is it right for them to say okay the district was off on the 23rd, 24th,and 25th those were days given to you and you have to make 24hours to have 40hrs so all the overtime that you receive while on call has to go toward that 24 before you will be paid overtime. My compliant is the 24hours are automatic to me because you are on call a week at a time 24hrs around the clock for 7 days, and no time an half for thanksgiving is this right? I hope this is not to confusing.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X