X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminated & final paycheck

Terminated and Final Check

Curious about when one should be paid. Fired before the holidays that would have been paid and also before I was able to use my vacation time which was already approved and scheduled. Termination over a verbal conversation and APPROVED time off that never got documented by sup.
    I might add that I was constantly praised on my job performance by sup. (even the week prior) although due to a change over in several staff members and HR I did not rec'v some of my promised benefits, merit increase or performance review etc.
    Company short staffed and in a financial state rang throughout the office for months. In went the OT, no lunches, extra effort, I even offered to work for free a few hours to help out on weekend.
    I want my final paycheck, holiday pay, sick time and vacation time owed. I am still coming out on the short end since I never rec'vd the package I was offered and accepted the job with!
    Last edited by AnotherTexan; 11-28-2005, 03:28 PM.

Texas law requires that an employer pay earned wages to their fired-employee not more than six days after releasing that employee.

Comment

However, there is no state that requires payout of accrued sick pay or holiday pay that occurred after your termination date, and Texas law only requires payout of accrued vacation pay if they have a written policy to do so and you meet any criteria that may be set out in the policy to qualify.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X