This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have not recieved any of my credit card tips help! Texas Utah Vermont

I have been bartending for about 8 weeks at a golf course. I just found out I have not been getting my credit card tips because i did not fill out a tip sheet every night. i was told by the bar or restaraunt manager i did not need to fill one out unless i was waiting tables or at a banquet and i had to tip someone else out or split the tips. They said they cant recover my tips because i did not fill this sheet out. Can they do that? i know it is over 1000.00 worth of tips . Please help me. My last check should have been 750 and was only 350.

How did you come up with that number?

Are you receiving full minimum wage in cash, or by using just the cash tips?

And which state is it?

See Retention of Tips here. They cannot hold your tips.
    http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs15.htm
    Last edited by Pattymd; 07-06-2010, 08:20 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

re

that is what i have received there was a 350.00 tip on a cc from two months ago . last week i had over 200 dollars on cc tips this is only cc tips not cash i see my tips i recieve when i cash out. it is texas.

Comment

Since you posted this in the Texas forum, I'm assuming Texas is the correct state.

Contact the Texas Workforce Commission. You may need to file a claim.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I would certainly press the issue harder. I guarantee those cc receipts are somewhere on site.
          Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X