This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused on mileage TEXAS Texas

I currently work for a hospital based helicopter service that is in the process of opening an outbase. The outbase that is about 60 miles away and they want to pay us drive time, but not mileage. Are they required to pay us drive time? Are they required to pay us mileage? Are they required to pay both? If they are not required to pay mileage can we claim the mileage on our personnal taxes?

There is no law requiring the employer to pay mileage; you may be able to take a deduction on your 1040, so you need to review the instructions for Nonreimbursed Business Expenses to see what you can deduct and what records you need to keep.

Tell me how the drive time works.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

We will report to work at our facility and clock in. When we return 24hrs later we will clock out. They are wanting us to supply our own car and gas to drive to the remote base which is about 60 miles away. Upon employment 7 years ago this was not discuesses so I feel they should provide us transportation as well. There is another department within the hospital that is remote bases as well and they are given a company car to drive back and forth. So I think they have already set the standard.
      I compare our situation to administration. When administration travels for the hospital they are given airline tickets and ground transportation at the destination. So how can the hospital provide transportation for administration but not the employees?

Comment

Things change in 7 years.

Since you are being required to report to the hospital first, any travel time during the day is work time.

Administration and management often get better working conditions. Not unusual and not illegal.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X