Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Need help in South Carolina

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need help in South Carolina

    I work for a construction company in South Carolina . They have me listed as a sub contractor . They don't take taxes out of my check and give me a 1099 at the end of year . But I get paid hourly and I am not a sub contractor . Are they suppose to take taxes out of my check ?

  • #2
    If you should be classified as an employee and not a contractor, then yes, they are supposed to withhold taxes and make a matching social security contribution on your behalf.

    Nobody here can tell you for certain whether you must be classified as an employee but you can contact the federal Department of Labor to discuss this: 202-693-4650.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.