This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• records management South Carolina

I work for a state agency in south carolina. I am in the process of updating policies within the HR/occupational health office.

This question relates to a non DOT/CDL holder.

If an employee meets the definition of reasonable suspicion and you have a corrective action policy in place, who would handle this corrective action... the HR personnel who normally handles corrective action or your RN in occupational health? I am being told that this would be handled by the RN due to the ADA guidelines which require that you not store any of this information in an employees HR record...

Does any corrective action of an employee get stored in their employee record or do you have a corrective action folder for each employee that is kept separate from the HR folder?

Do you store all reasonable and suspicion information in a separate location to the employee's HR folder?

Can this information be stored in the HR medical folder or is this information kept separate from the employee medical folder?

Thanking you in advance.

Who handles it is up to the organization. The ADA does not prohibit sharing medical information with those who have a need to know.

Here, neither an RN nor HR deals with this. It is handled by the employee's manager.

Information on the termination or discipline (though here those are one and the same as far as drug and alcohol use and CDLs) stays in the employee's personnel folder. Any medical reports go into the medical file.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X