"state's" decision. Since you have a lawyer, you might want to ask them
    all of your questions.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• MAG762
    started a topic Denied UC Claim Pennsylvania

Denied UC Claim Pennsylvania

I was fire from my job of 8+ years.
    I filed for UC and was denied by the Dept of Labor.
    Their findings were that "there is a sideline business eligibility issue."

2 Years ago a friend and I created an LLC with the intent of investing in real estate. Primarily buying rental units. We have 3 such units and would like to get more.
    Per Sec 402: I was working in regular employment while engaged in the sideline business. The earnings from my regular employment exceeded the net profit from the side line business. (We've been running at a loss in the start-up stages)

The dispute is the final claim where they state "the claimant substantially increased his involvement in self employment following the loss of his regular job"

This is based off of a phone call I received. They asked me if I would be increasing my involvement in the business. I said yes. My thinking was that I lost my job and would have more free time to invest in the business. But the reality is there is nothing more of substance I can do for the business. A property manager handles the tenants and maintenance. Other than searching for the next property, which I did while employed, there is nothing else I can do.
    Plus, since I lost my job, it is harder to get financing, so I can't purchase a new property even if I find it. So if anything my involvement has decreased.

I have talked to a UC attorney. He said I should be able to win the appeal.
    Would you agree?
    How long from when I appealed (2 weeks ago) will the hearing be?
    IF/When I do win the appeal, will I receive UC back payment from the time from when I first filed for UC or just from when I won the appeal?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X