Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

money taken out without a break

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • money taken out without a break

    i worked at the (deleted), bristol, pa
    on sunday's i worked 7am - 3pm. i did not get a break, the half an hourpay was taken out.
    is there any way i can this money back. i worked there for a few years. i feel like i was paying the owner,
    other employees that work over 40 hours , use a second time to punch in, they are paid 2.00$ cash under the table. can we get owed money?
    Last edited by cbg; 06-17-2008, 03:35 PM.

  • #2
    I am not sure that I understand your question, since you seem to be adding a few unrelated items together.

    If you are a Non-Exempt employee who is not being paid for actual hours worked or for overtime, you can file a wage claim with your state's DOL.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)


    • #3
      You should remove your employer's name from the post, just to CYA.

      Do file a wage claim with either the PA or Federal DOL.

      If they are are paying cash under the table like that, then they are very likely commiting payroll tax fraud. You should also check to see that tips you are getting match with what the employer is reporting. Once you get all that information together, file Form 3949-A with the IRS to report this activity.


      • #4
        More or less duplicate posts from May - &
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

        Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.