Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Drug Testing in Pennsylvania Pennsylvania

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Drug Testing in Pennsylvania Pennsylvania

    Can anyone provide guidance on what rules apply to random drug testing by private (non-governmental) employers in PA? Specifically:
    • what is required to randomly test employees? Must there be reasonable suspicion, or can there be a schedule or lottery whereby every employee will eventually be tested?
    • must the employer have a published policy in place PRIOR to randomly testing anyone?
    • are there any pitfalls employers should be careful of in implementing a policy or testing regime?

  • #2
    I cannot find anything that shows that PA has any restrictions on drug testing, including the ACLU website (and they hate, hate, hate drug testing laws).
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.


    • #3
      Thank you Scott


      • #4
        Pa. has no statute that regulates drug/alcohol testing. If testing is done, however, it's important to maintain an individual's privacy.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

        Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.