This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hostile coworkers Pennsylvania

There is an employee in my workplace that many of my coworkers and myself have had complaints about. I myself have to communicate with this employee on a regular basis. Her and I do not get along at all. She is new to our business and does not understand some of the demands made upon the rest of us by her requests. Her boss and myself are equals. I have complained to my superior that she is impossible to work with. My boss knows this and has told me that others have complained about her also. My boss kind of laughs it off. In fact she actually told me that if it makes me feel any better, everyone hates her. Well, unfortunately that makes it worse. I feel that the problem is being ignored because this annoying coworker makes very good sales for the company. The problem is that I have to communicate with her and it just isn't working. I c.c. all my e-mails to her to the boss also and to her boss to cover my butt. I ignore her in the halls because I actually can't stand to even see her. I feel that I cannot do my job properly because of her unreasonable demands and attitude. We have already had one employee quit because of her. I feel that I am on the verge of being the next. Is there any recourse in hostile work environment or something like that. I feel I need to do something before I let this women have it verbally and end up getting fired.

The term, hostile work environment, has a very specific meaning under the law and what you have posted does not come even close to meeting it.

No one ever promised you that your employment would be free from what a colleague of mine refers to as "toxic people". Your options are to find either a way to work with her or a new job.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X