This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer not Paying Bonus Pennsylvania

I resigned on October 25th and the company tells me that it is policy that I have to be employed on Dec 31st of 2006 to receive my annual bonus payout.

We have been paid bonus quarterly up until this year and at the time of the payout change no communication was made verbally or in writing that the employee must be employeed on Dec 31st to be paid the bonus.

The day that I gave my resignation a policy appeared which was never given to me or communicated to me in my 7 year tenure with the business. I achieved all of my objectives by September.

Do I have a legitament complaint?

Because the policy

I don't think so. Not unless you had a written contractual agreement that 1) the bonus would be paid quarterly; 2) timing of payout could not change without your being notified and; 3) you did not have to be an active employee at the time of payment.

I don't disagree that the employer erred in judgment by not notifying you of the change. However, having a requirement that the employee is an active employee at the time of payment of a bonus is very common. There are very few states in which the law overrides this policy and, to my knowledge, Pennsylvania is not one of them.

robb71?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X