This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exempt Employee Legal Deduction Pennsylvania

I have taken a vacation and have quit with my employer. When I was hired I was given a form I signed stating that if I didn't return my uniforms my last pay would be deducted $ 350.00 if I didn't return the uniforms. I will not be able to return the uniforms and they are stating that it will be deducted out of my last check (vacation pay). I thought I read an article stating that exempt employee's can not have any deductions out of their pay, or it would result in changing them from Exempt to Non Exempt status? Please clarify for me, Thanks!

There was a DOL action on this issue lately. However, my understanding is that would only apply to the week in which the "improper" deduction occurred, not back forever. You can call the DOL to inquire further; this is a relatively new position for them.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X