This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Oregon) Unpaid mandatory meeting?

Tomorrow night I have to be at a mandatory staff meeting on my day off. I have no problem with having to come in on my day off, but I've always been paid for such meetings at other workplaces. On the memo for this meeting however, my boss specifically states that this meeting "is mandatory; you do not get paid for it". Is that legal?

Are you exempt or non-exempt?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

What is the difference between exempt and non-exempt? I'm hourly...

Comment

Unless you are a doctor, lawyer, teacher or some forms of computer professional, if you are paid hourly you are non-exempt.

That being the case, you must be paid for any mandatory meetings.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thanks! Appreciate the quick answer.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X