X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattymd
    replied
    In Oregon, employees who are discharged (fired) must be paid their final pay by the end of the next business day. If they did not do that correctly, you can file a complaint with the state Dept. of Labor.

Regarding your incentives, they need to have time to figure them out, right? It's only April 4, after all. It's even possible that the state of Oregon may not deem such incentives as "wages" (some states don't), which payment they don't even have the mandate under the law to enforce. At this point, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt on the incentives piece.

Leave a comment:

• neogeo
    replied
    Ok so its legal for them to terminate me on the spot like that. However isn't there a law where they have to have my final paycheck all done. What they did is they had my normal check going direct deposit on the day I got fired and a written check for the remainder. However the written check was not added up right so they have to send me out a new one. They also said I was going to get my incentive check for all the sales I have done for them in March and they told me I had to wait till the end of April for me to see that check.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Yes, it is legal. It's called "employment at will". There is no law that requires warnings, written or verbal. Wrongful termination has a legal definition and this comes nowhere near it.

Leave a comment:

• neogeo
    started a topic Wrongfully Terminated

Wrongfully Terminated

Hello I have an issue here where I don't know what to do. I have been working for a large company for 2 1/2 years where I have exceeded company standards every month. I recently moved up to an account manager with the company where my duty was to either retain our customers business or close out the account. I became number one in the company for retaining customers. Then on 03-24-06 my manager reviewed a call where I didn't close out the account. My company reviewed all my calls that day and found 3 accounts that I didn't close out that day. Now keep in mind that I have never been on a warning or any type of corrective action in 2 and half years. The next thing I know I am on suspension so they can review all my calls for the past 3 months. I came back to work for a meeting with my manager and HR where they had my termination papers ready for me to sign. I just think a warning would have been nice. I asked my managers why this was being handled so harsh and he replied by saying that I was a risk factor. Just one bad day and your fired. I just can't see that being legal will someone tell me should I seek a lawyer or what. I live in Milwaukie, Oregon. Please help
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X