X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbg
    replied
    Nothing you have posted suggests that any ILLEGAL harassment is going on. Not everything that most people considers harassment is illegal.

You are free to try to file a workers comp stress claim, but know that such claims are very rarely approved.

Leave a comment:

• needssaving
    started a topic Harassment issues in the workplace

Harassment issues in the workplace

I live in Oregon, and I work for a large non-profit organization. I started there in June of 2005. Since then I have been harassed by one of the supervisors at our company. Now, mind you, she has never been my supervisor, she is just a supervisor. Anyhow the harassment started when she decided that she wanted to take over our division of the company. She wrote me up twice, once for harassment, go figure, and once for using the copy machine too long. I did not even know that I had been written up in the first instance until almost 6 months after it happened. The reason being, she has access to our HR database and just adds things at will. When I "used the copier too long", it was written that I was not allowed to do such etc. After the incidient, and I was alone in my office, she went off on me saying that I never do my job correctly, that I was the worst person they had ever hired. That from now on I had to do things her way, which I obviously had to do what my boss told me. She degraded me and told me what a worthless person I was. What she didn't know was that someone was in the next cubicle and heard and documented the whole thing. At this point I called my doctor to get back on anti-depressants because of the stress of this job. I am a soul provider and I do not have the option of quitting my job. So time went on, dirty looks, glares, slamming the door in my face etc. I decide that I can't take it anymore and move to a different department. This time I just get the glares etc, but nothing more personal since I no longer worked near her space. When the job turned out to be boring, I started looking for other work, going on job interviews etc. At this point still getting doors slammed in my face etc. I got offered a promotion at the company, with really good pay, off-site. I jump at the opportunity because then I think that I am untouchable and I won't have to put up with her harassment anymore. So I am in my new position, and I have to call HR a great deal because I deal with personnel files for people who want to work in Federal space. So I call one day, and no one is available except one person. I ask to speak to her, ask about an alien registration for one of their employees. She tells me that her computer freezes and she will have to get back to me later. The next day I get a call from my boss asking why I caled the office. I relayed everything that happened, that it was strictly buisness etc. Well come to find out this other harassing supervisor has demanded that I be reprimanded because I was asking things that were not in the realm of my job!!! So I have a breakdown, I cry, and in the end I end up being rushed to the ER because of a killer migraine headache.

Now my question is, is there anything I can do as far as the harassment goes? Can I file Worker's Comp for stress related illness??
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X