X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattymd
    replied
    http://www.boli.state.or.us/BOLI/TA/...tandmeal.shtml

Irrespective of whether the law requires the employer provide rest breaks and meal periods, if the employer says you take them, then you take them. The only way they can NOT discipline you for not taking them is to withhold your pay for time you actually worked. However, you can be disciplined in any other way for not abiding by company policies up to, and including, termination.

Leave a comment:

• tarbender
    started a topic question regarding mandatory breaks in Oregon

question regarding mandatory breaks in Oregon

I hope someone out there has the answer: I know all the legal requirements for employers in regard to mandatory rest periods and off the clock meal breaks, but my question is whether or not, as an employee, I am legally required to take a break, or if the employer is only required to offer me one. Am I allowed to decline the offer? I work as a bartender at a busy restaurant/ bar- we are required to clock off for 30 minutes if our shift will go over 6 hours. I was written up today for clocking out last week at 6 hours and 18 minutes, because I did not take a break. I did not want/ need a break. I just lose my momentum. Does anyone know the answer undoubtedly? thanks...
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X