• Show
Clear All

• Node
    replied
    THanks you cbg.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    None whatsoever. In no state is an employer required to pay out unworked notice, regardless of whose opt it was for you not to work it. Severance is not required by law and is only customary when the employee is laid off or terminated for reasons that are no fault of their own. It is not offered for resignations.

Leave a comment:

• Node
    started a topic Severence from resignation

Severence from resignation

Hi,

I resigned from a position in Oregon. In my letter of resignation I offered a months notice to give the company plenty of time to replace me. Several hours after I handed in my notice I was called into a meeting where I was told the resignation was accepted and that they would like me to simply leave that afternoon. I received a final paycheck which included the hours I had worked to that point of the pay period and my vacation time. However, I have a colleague which indicated that they should have compensated me for the time period I was willing to continue working. He stated that In Oregon he believes they are required to at least pay me for two of the four weeks I was willing to continue working. Is there any weight to this statement?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X