Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forefit Of Yearly Raise Due To Becoming A Supervisor (oregon)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forefit Of Yearly Raise Due To Becoming A Supervisor (oregon)

I APPLIED FOR A SUPERVISOR POSITION THAT BECAME OPEN, AFTER I WAS GIVEN THE POSITION I WAS VERBALLY TOLD THAT I WOULD NOT GET MY YEARLY RAISE IS THIS LEGAL, ALL SO THEY ARE DEMANDING THAT YOU EITHER HAVE TO HAVE DIRECT DEPOSIT OR ONE OF THOSE PAY CARDS THAT CHARGES ME EVERY TIME I USE IT

In the future, please turn off your caps lock. It makes your post very hard to read and is considered shouting on the Internet.

There is no law requiring that you get a raise ever, unless you are making minimum wage and that minimum is increased by legislative action. You have to look at what advantages you may be receiving because of the promotion, for example, increased benefits or exempt status (of course, I don't know any of this to be true, just that they're possible).

Regarding direct deposit, state law requires that employees authorize such transactions; it cannot be made mandatory.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

sorry about the caps. They give you 2 choices either direct deposit or a pay card, they do refuse to give you a written check that you can cash even though they give you a paper check that they stamp across it "this is not a check." Can they make it manatory that you take one or the other?

Comment

They cannot require you to accept direct deposit in lieu of a negotiable check. Pay cards are still rather new in the payroll biz, and many states have not gotten around to legislating them such as they do direct deposit. A few states have deemed them to be the same as direct deposit, but I don't know if Oregon is one of them. You can contact the state Dept. of Labor regarding pay cards and inquire specifically.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X