This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no final paycheck

Hi,I'm a compulsive gambler.I was bartending in a bar in oregon,one night I was slow started by gambleing my tips and ended up gambleing 1800.00 of the bars money. I went to court and was sentanced and have been paying restitution and have never missed a payment. Well the bar never payed me my final check which was a couple days short of being two weeks. I wrote to the labor board and they wrote back that since I admitally owed the bar money they could no longer help me. I guess I need to know what I can do to get my $. Its been a year ago now. thank you. Peeps

If the labor board says they can't help you, you're probably up a creek without a paddle. Try talking to an employment lawyer in your state, but don't hold your breath.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I wouldn't try to get my final check. You'll be out of debt that much quicker.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X