This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vehicle allowance?in oregon

I drive my own personal vehicle for my job and at least 80% of my driving is done at work.I get reimbursed for like 20 dollars a month for my gas.But what if your car needs to go to the shop.Is the burdan of paying to fix the vehicle fall on you or should the company pay to fix it?or because i don't write down the mileage am i stuck with it.I always thought they needed to have a vehicle for you to drive on their time.that they insure put gas in and to do your job.Am i wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. There is no requirement that they provide you with any vehicle allowance. It would be nice of them to do so and many companies will, but it is not mandatory.

Patty can tell you about the tax implications.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

You may be eligible for some tax breaks for unreimbursed business expenses or other tax deductions based on the percentage of usage for business vs. personal. I recommend you see a tax preparer about the details.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X