This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrassment???

After a disagreement with my foreman, who is a known loose cannon and regularly treats people poorly, on the jobsite which became very heated we exchanged words. I said "do not talk to me like I am less than human...." to which he replyed "you are less than human because you're not thinking" followed by me saying "You don't have to treat me like $&*@" to which he replyed "I do because you are a peice of $&*@ if you can't figure this out" this was followed by my leaving the job site for the company's office to talk to the owner about the incident. I explained the situation to him and he agreed that I was in the right for feeling disrespected beyond what is reasonable for even an arguement, then he proceeded to tell me in other words that since layoff's are happening due to the weather and he wasn't gonna do anythign about it, I should apologize to him. Whcih was followed talk of the said foreman's frustration possibly being pent up over the course of a couple weeks or so (Mine was also) After which it was suggested to me that if I would like to work, i should " maybe go talk to him and tell him that you understand you have been coasting the last couple weeks and that you just want be done with it." ( I have absolutley not been slacking)
    My question is, although I would not and have no plans to take this any further than an office discussion, is the way I have been treated illegal?

Thanks

No. It was rude and unprofessional, but on the basis of the facts you have supplied, it was not illegal.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X