This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work place harassment

I was fired because of an altercation with an employee. She had been insinuating laziness, by speaking the word "lazy" outloud indirectly (but within ear shot)weeks prior to my altercation with her. I am on an accepted Workman's Compensation claim (by the company insurance). I was on temporary work duty release profile with my job at the time. My question is: Is this work place harrassment? I do not have any witnesses to the fact that this employee was calling me lazy but I can state days of when she did. I also find that it is curious that I was fired during my Workman Comp claim
    and before retraining began.

Is this work place harrassment? It's not illegal harassment if that's what you're asking.

I also find that it is curious that I was fired during my Workman Comp claim
    and before retraining began.
    Except for the fact that you "got into an altercation" with this coworker.

Comment

In this context of being called lazy, prior harassments of being called lazy? Not harassment?

Comment

No, not harrassment. Illegal harrassment has a legal definition, and being called lazy does not even come close. Uncomfortable, maybe. Improper, probably. Illegal, no.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X