This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the fact salary cap Oregon

In 2009 I received a very good peoformance review and got a raise in line with most people on my job class. I was told that I was near the top on my salary range. In 2010 I also received a very good peoformance which should have made me eligable for a pay raise but now I am being told that I have topped out in my pay range. This news was given to me one year after the fact, at no time in the last year was I told that I have reached my salary limit for my job catagory. At best it seems very unfair that no one in my mangement told my I would not get a raise this year even if my peoformance made me eligable. The terms seemed to have changed and no one told me! Is it legal?
    Last edited by Frank Armendariz; 04-12-2010, 09:15 AM.

As far as the law is concerned, the ONLY time you are entitled to a raise by law is if minimum wage is raised by the appropriate legislative body and you are earning less than the new minimum. In ALL other cases, as far as the law is concerned it is legal if you NEVER get a raise.

So unless you have a legally binding and enforceable contract that this new cap violates, yes, it is legal.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Agree with cbg - it's legal. (unless you had a binding employment contract to the contrary) Sorry.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X