X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon

can employer make not pay u for doing papaerwork after ur shift is over

If you are a non-exempt employee, you need to be paid for all hrs./time worked.

However -
    What type of business do you work for? (not actual name of employer though)

What are your job duties/job title?

What type of paper work?

Are you a minor - if so, how old are you?

Thanks.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

i work for a gas station, my hours where 1:30pm to 7:00pm and i was the shift person, i worked pumping gas and running the till from 4-7 then closed at 7 and did paperwork afterwords

Comment

Ok, you sound non-exempt. You need to be paid for all hrs./time worked including paper work that is job related.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

thank you so much for this information now i just have to figure out how to get paid for the past months

Comment

Have you talked to your employer about this - what did they say? What is the reason for not paying you for this time?

(Wage claims/complaints can be filed with the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries).

Comment

there is no excuse he just wont pay us. he never has. just like he calls us at the end of the night and wants invoice brought to him and we cant put that down on our timecard

Comment

Let me ask you this - how much time are we talking about here? How much time do you spend doing paper work/working after 7:00 when your shift ends. Thanks again.

add info (Again, wage claims can be filed with the Or. "DOL." - BOLI.) I would go ahead & file the wage claim. It sounds from your post you have to do paper work & then bring it to a location where your employer is - somewhere else from where you are if I'm reading your post correctly.

wage claim Or.: http://www.oregon.gov:80/BOLI/WHD/W_Whhowinf.shtml
                Last edited by Betty3; 03-14-2010, 11:47 AM. Reason: add info

Comment

oregon

it usually is about 20 minutes to a half an hour. depends on if there ar problems with shortage or not. But i dont have to go see him every night after i do the paperwork just when we have vendor invoices.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I would file a wage claim - see link above.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X