This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions Oregon

So, I recently heard that it is the law that an employer must have the work schedule posted at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of said schedule, is this true? My current employer gets the schedule posted the Friday before the schedule starts, and the schedule happens to start on Sunday.

Secondly, the company is working on the only Men's room in the building, and men currently have to use a port-a-poddy outside. After the construction is done on the Men's room, the men are going to have to continue to go outside while the Women's room is working on, and the Women get to use the new Men's room. Is this not some sort of sexual discrimination? My place of work is a store but it seems like its would still be discrimination even though it is mostly for the customers.

No, it is not true that employee's schedules must be posted two weeks ahead of time. Where did you hear this?

Not sure about the discrimination issue, but maybe. Not exactly my area of expertise. Hang on for further respones.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I was talking with a co-worker and he said that he heard it from a business owner who he had talked to at some point.

Comment

Did you play "telephone" when you were a kid? Sounds just like that.

Also, bumping this for someone else to respond to your discrimination question.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Perhaps ask if they are willing to make the restroom temporarily unisex until the work is complete. Are just male employees to use the portable toilets or are male customers as well?
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Well, honestly I'm not really looking to create a law suit out of this or anything, I'd just like to know if what they plan to do is really legal or not. And they're having male employees and customers go outside to use the rest room.

Comment

If I were the male customer, I would not be happy. I don't see that there is any reason the restroom can't be unisex during the interim.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X