X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbg
    replied
    There are no laws in any state that tell the employer when they can and when they cannot write someone up or give them warnings, or under what circumstances they may "legally" do so.

Unfair is not always illegal.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Unfortunately, this falls into the "unfair but legal" category. Best you can do is check the forecasts early and allow yourself more time than normal. I live in the Pittsburgh area and I check the forecasts often.

Leave a comment:

• imade
    started a topic Written up and "Final Warning" Oregon

Written up and "Final Warning" Oregon

Today it snowed and as I was driving to work I slid off the road and my car was "stuck". I called in early to work to let them know that my vehicle was disabled and that I was walking to work and would be there an hour to 2 late to my shift due to my situation, to which the manager of the store gladly accepted and "wished for my safe arrival." After two or three hours of work though I was asked to have a meeting with that same manager and my supervisor about arriving late to work and was being written up for it of course being asked not to do it again and if I planned to, to call in earlier to let them know.

Now I already left as early as I could seeing as it started snowing, but unless I suddenly develope ESP, how do I call in earlier? Not to mention the fact that I did slide off the road and my car parked in someone elses neighborhood as I walked to work to do what I can and calling them to let them know? Is there anything on my part that I can do? Is there any law that even protects me from this in the future? Was being written up and threaten to be terminated for this even fair or the only way out of this is getting into a major accident where I can be hospitalized?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X