This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Paychecks being withheld Oregon

Hello, my name is Alex. I'm writing in on behalf of my boyfriend and our roommate, who both worked for the same company (deleted). I'll begin with Robert, who was an assistant manager at a local (fast food chain). He was fired on a Wednesday, the 2nd of January (by that, I mean his company sent in his paperwork). They asked him to come in and work on Thursday, and at the end of his shift that evening, handed him his paycheck. This paycheck was short of all his personal and vacation days that he had acquired over his year as the assistant manager, so he called (the parent company). They gave him the runaround for a good week before they finally sent out a new and revised paycheck. He didn't file anything with any labor companies, although he did threaten (them) with it.

Now, my boyfriend Glenn has given his two weeks notice, to the same (fast food) Franchise restaurant, and according to Oregon Labor Laws that are posted all over his store, and all over the internet, they were supposed to give him his last paycheck at the end of the last day worked, which would have been last night at midnight. There was no paycheck there last night, and when one should have come in this morning at 10:30, it still wasn't there. He's scared he's going to receive the same treatment our roommate did, and I would like to help him do something about it.

What is there that we can do to make sure he's being paid, and being paid for the right amount, especially considering they're willfully not paying him. Thank you!
    Last edited by cbg; 02-02-2008, 06:26 AM.

He can file a complaint with the OR DOL.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X