This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• number of hours between shifts Oregon

hi, i was wondering if anyone knew how many hours are legally required between shifts at work? I'm not sure if this falls under a state or federal requirement, or if it exists at all, really.
    My friend had to stay really late from 5pm until 2 or 3am doing inventory. He was then scheduled in at 6am the following day (but technically the same day) for an opening shift. Something in me sent up red flags and alarm bells; i just don't think this is legal.
    any input?

never mind

well, i just found another posting from someone else with the same question and cbg replied no, so i guess i have my answer. wow, seems crazy not to have this requirement, but lots of things are crazy nowadays! thanks anyway

Comment

While there are some industry specific exceptions such as truck drivers, pilots and public safety employees, neither federal nor state law dictates how much time an employee must have off between shifts. Logic dictates that an employee working back to back shifts is not wise. The law doesn't require either logic or wisdom.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X