X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbg
    replied
    Your co-worker is wrong. Oregon has no such law.

There are a very few states that have that or a similar law, but Oregon is not among them.

Leave a comment:

• Dixon4Heisman
    started a topic Minimum hours employer can work you Oregon

Minimum hours employer can work you Oregon

I work at the local country club, where daylight savings time, along with shorter winter hours, has caused my shifts to get cut from 5 to 3 hours (since we have to close earlier). I was told by a staff member in a different department that it is Oregon law that if an employer schedules you for less than 4 hours, that they are required to pay you for 4 hours. I am trying to get them to change the schedule so I can just work more hours, but I think I may have more leverage if it is the case that they would have to pay me for 4hours anyways. Please let me know. Thank you.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X