Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I also agree with the majority, since there is a difference of opinion I'm going to suggest that the poster contact the state DOL for their opinion (since theirs is the only opinion that counts anyway) and that we stop arguing about it.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Again, I gave up before lunch, although I agree I hung onto this one longer than the other one.

But, until the poster comes back and answers my question, I'm not bothering with this one any longer, either.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

This is a lot like where my aunt works, she works in a (deleted by moderator) in Hershey, Pa, they are given a 30 minute lunch, not paid, and also cannot leave the premises, they're reason for this rule is that after lunch is done they need everyone back, at that time. If someone goes out somewhere to get lunch and returns late, or not at all it messes up with the production and what is expected of them.

Then the employer either has to call in someone or work without that employee, which in turn slows everything down and creates a mess.
        Last edited by cbg; 10-08-2007, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Whether or not an employee may be required to stay on the premises during an unpaid break is state-specific, btw.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I see that rmusic has not come back to answer my question. That's critical to the pay discussion. But, in any case, the requirement that the employee not leave the premises on their meal period is perfectly legal; the only issue is pay.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

And this thread is no longer serving any effective purpose.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X