X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tattoos

Originally posted by amrie View Post
    I am actually the boss that would do anything in my power for any of my staff members at anytime. I happen to be the boss that deliverd food to two of my staff members for one month after there was death in their family. I am the boss that will take your classroom because you would like to go to an event at the Jr High or High Schoo for your child. I am the boss that will let you come in the office and cry because you have lost your pet and I then sent flowers to your home because I am really kind and caring.

I am the boss that understands you can't work today because you have sick child at home. I am the boss that understands you have to leave in the middle of your shift to pick up your child from school due to illness of discipline action.

I am the boss that meet their employees at the ER when their child has had an accident to hold your hand and give you moral support. I am the boss that has gifted this person in particular, money because I knew they were having financial problems. I am the boss that would do anything for my staff and never ask for anything in return but just to do your job. That's it. I don't ask my staff to assist with decorating the hall when we set up for recognition nights etc.. However when they do come and help, they will always have a public acknowledgement on how wonderful their help was as long as large bouquet of flowers.

When I say I love to fire people, it is when it is justified. I have fired a person that wasn't 210 percent justifiable. I know that I should only be 100 percent justifiable not 210. I am sorry that by the typed words you did not get tone I was actually setting

So if that is what immature people do then I will glady be considered a very immature boss.

I am sorry that my words mislead you. I didn't mean in any to spark an angry response from anyone. I was just looking for advice. And I do admit I have gotten many responses stating that I should probably let her go. Which I will most do but not until after we have a meeting stating what the new policies and procedures. Because I have always been a FAIR person and I beleive it would be UNFAIR to terminate someone who has not had a chance to change for the better.
    I posted to you regarding internet profiles. I felt you being "blasted" as you put it as well. Read my posting on internet profiles and don't sweat the small stuff.

I am a teacher and I can not have any visible tattoos where I work. I have a small tatto on my leg/ankle. So when the weather is warm I can not wear capri pants because my tattoo will show. If I put a bandage on to cover it up, the kids ask questions. I now wish I had never gotten a tattoo. I never realized how limited it would be. In the winter I wear a skirt with nylons and I can put makeup on it to cover it up. Or I have to wear pants all the time. I signed a contract and I am obligated to follow the rules.

Comment

And I think this horse, too, has been beaten to death.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X