This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMIGUITY IN PAY PLAN ....YOU TELL ME Oregon

I worked as a Manager for a large auto group of one of their stores. I quit my existing job to come to work for these people based upon the offer that was made to me verbally to be paid 5000 base plus 4 % of the store gross profits. when i came to work my first day I expected to have this agreement memorialized in writing (i actually expected it before that day but thats a different story) anyway after being slow danced on the written pay plan thing for a week I finally was given a 3 page agreement full of but ifs and therefores which with the exception of the base calculations of the base and the % were items that I never agreed to ...didn't knowI would be asked to agree to and so I told the gm of the store that I needed to read it thoroughly ...the next day I told him that I wasn't interested in signing it due to some of the provisions that he and I had never agreed to ...he said to justy chill out and wait for my first check to decide if it was wrong or not ...6 days later i rec'd my check and there were no commiossions paid ...i was told that they took 5 extra days to calculate ...when I got the commissions check they had deducted quite a bit of money under the heading called "chargebacks" the written unsigned pay plan said that gross profits were going to be calculated as "gross profits less chargebacks" i told the payroll dept that this was my first check and I had rec'd no commissions from which to have any charged back ....she said they were the chargebacks from the guy before me.. I said huh?? how can you chargeback something from me that I havent ever rec'd ...and i said that any deduction from my pay needed to be authorized by me in writing and i had signed nothing yet including my pay plan ...the next day I was let go ....questions:Am I stuck with the language of the written unsigned pay plan because I continue4d working there after knowing what it was going to say even though i never signedm,it and in fact complained about it? (manifest acceptance?) can there be manifest accpetance of a contract for wages when you havent recived any of the compensation yet and when there is a more intricate formulathan simply hrs x hrly rate involved? and since the term chargebacks opens itseklf up to a whole bunch of different interpretations isn't that an unacceptably ambiguous term which should entitle me be paid based on the gross profits including chargebacks the other guy was paid/ ?? need help quickly thx
    Yes you are
    0.00%
    No Way
    33.33%
    probably not
    0.00%
    probably so
    0.00%
    the term "chargebacks" is not ambiguous
    0.00%
    the term "chargebacks" is ambiguous
    33.33%
    you cannot legally be charged back commissions you have not been paid
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X