This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Exempt Working on Holidays Oregon

I am a salaried exempt worker and my project demands are going to require me working on MLK day, which is paid holiday for my work. How do paid holidays and salaried exempt employees work?

If salaried exempt workers have to work on a holiday every else gets it paid off, should they get comp time?

Thank you!

Salary Worker: If salaried exempt workers have to work on a holiday and everyone else gets it paid off, should they get comp time?

Maybe from a company morale standpoint, but not from a legal standpoint.
    Barry S. Phillips, CPA
    www.BarryPhillips.com

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: This response is intended to provide general information and written for educational purposes only. It does not establish a client relationship. This communication is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to any party any matters addressed herein.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X