Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Oregon if no vehicle compensation then...

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oregon if no vehicle compensation then...

    I read the previous post about vehicle compensation when using a personal vehicle for work and had some additional questions on this subject.

    I work security and spend every night in my car very little driving is involved. However, during the winter I must run my car almost the entire shift to stay warm.
    Security is expected to walk around after the last shift and check the doors to make sure they're locked and remain in their vehicles to observe any unauthorized people entering or leaving the companies property.

    This is killing my car.

    If the company doesn't have any place other then our personal vehicles for us to do our job. Shouldn't they have to either provide a place where we can do our job other then our vehicles or have to provide maintanence, gas and insurance or provide a company vehicle if there isn't another way of fulfilling the requirements of this position?

    Or should I give notice and get out of this position before I lose my only transportation in finding another job?
    Last edited by Slytly; 01-09-2007, 09:18 PM.

  • #2
    Should they? Probably, to some extent. Must they? Not under the law. Sorry, if it's even CLOSE to the temperature it is here, that must be miserable. And it sounds like they aren't going to change, so maybe it's "vote with your feet" time.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.