This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit vs. Fired in Oregon

I gave 1 month notice at my job, and was told to leave a couple of weeks later. My last day was on June 19, 2006. I still haven't received my final paycheck for the 8.5 hrs that I worked, and am going to call today to see where it's at. (The payroll lady "forgot" to pay another employee who walked out a couple of month's ago, so I'm sure that's what she's going to say this time too, just as a little back story.)

My question is this: years ago, I seem to remember something to the effect that if an employer failed to pay you your final pay in a timely manner, then they were subject to penalties of up to triple the final pay due. I looked on the BOLI website and it says that the penalty is up to 30 days pay at 8 hours a day at the rate you were making when you left. But then there's an exclusion about it's limited to 100% of wages due if they pay within twelve days.

So...when I request they pay me my final pay, do they just pay me for the 8.5 hours I worked before being asked to leave, or do they have to pay me the penalties as well for not paying me on time, or what? Any advice would be helpful.

The company probably will not just pay any penalties to you without a directive from the BOLI. You will need to file a complaint with BOLI.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X