This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working while pregnant Oregon

I just found out that I am about 29 days pregnant and I have been really really sick and it has been very difficult to work and very stressful! I tried to call in but there is no one to cover me so I have been forced to work. I don't know what to do...today I am really sick and can't even stand. Are there any labor laws against this??

What would happen if you called in sick? Would you be fired? How big is your employer and how long have you worked there? And are you full-time?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I have only been here 3 and half weeks. Its a Hotel. I don't think I would get fired. I just have NO ONE to call. I even tried the regional manager today and got no answer. If I get another pain like I did earlier..the maintenance will just shut the hotel down. SO I am staying here out of guilt I guess. So this would be my own fault. Its just bad managing. I guess.

Comment

Unfortunately, as a new employee, you haven't been there long enough to qualify for FMLA. So, unfortunately, there are no laws that will protect your job when you are absent. Are you expected to find someone to cover for you? Who do you call when you can't come in? Surely there is someone to cover the phones 24 hours a day, being that this is a hotel.

Having said that, however, what is important is that you follow your doctor's advice. If you are that ill, you should not be going to work. The baby is what is most important.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I usually call the supervisor, but her phone has been busy all morning. This place is crazy and is short handed everyday. I don't think I will be staying here, after today. Its unbelievable. I called everyone and as usual no one was home. Its a very bad situation. I supposed I couldn't really do anything if something bad happened while I was here under stress. I truly think its very bad management.

Comment

Sounds like it. Good luck to you and take care of yourself and the baby.

Comment

Thank you! I do fear ectopic at this point though. Lets hope not!
              Thanks for the quick responses!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X