Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Breach of Non Compete Agreement Oklahoma

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Breach of Non Compete Agreement Oklahoma

    As an employer in a highly competitive business, I have my employees sign a Non Compete Agreement at the time of hire. I have a situation where an employee contacted a competitor from the same state and offered his services to that company. He then quit in the middle of a huge project and also offered my other employees jobs at the competing company.

    What are my rights? What type of action can be taken against the employee and also the competing company?

  • #2
    Only an attorney in your state who has read the non-compete agreement can answer that question.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      You need to take the agreement to an attorney as cbg noted.

      However, this is what Oklahoma says about noncompetes. --
      Noncompetition provisions in employment are void and unenforceable except when
      involving the sale of a partnership or of goodwill. Reasonable non-solicitation
      agreements regarding existing customers are permitted.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.