Clear All

• panther10758
    replied
    I doubt $2.00 takes him below minimum wage unless it was typo

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Federal law will not allow reimbursement to an employer that will take the
    employee below the required minimum wage or overtime compensation.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs16.pdf

You also must be paid for all time/hrs. worked & OT if you work over 40 hrs.
    in the workweek.

It seems you are an hourly non-exempt employee - therefore, the above applies.

Leave a comment:

• morgan314
    started a topic Cash drawer shortage: payback? Ohio

Cash drawer shortage: payback? Ohio

I work for a national hotel chain that is independantly owned and operated, as a front desk clerk. My drawer was short $2.00. My boss informed me that I had to pay the drawer back no matter what the shortage was. I make min wage, $7.25hr and work 40 hrs weekly. He said it was the law anywhere i would work, not just there. Is he correct? i have worked as a cashier before at gas stations and ski lodges and had shortages of up to $100.00 and not a word was said. He also makes us clock out at exactly 3pm even if our relief is not there and we still have to work. he said everyone else does it to benefit the company. Am I being a troublesome employee? And Could you direct me to a website that could help. P.S. I am not a prejudice person at all but i will NEVER work for an Asian Indian again! no benefits, overtime, vacation, sick days, insurance, breaks, nada because they're cheap! yes I am angry. I don"t mean to offend anyone. i'm frustrated and truly sorry if i did. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X