• Show
Clear All

• KimNY
    replied
    sorry did not notice the date.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    First of all, Kim, this post is from back in October. Please pay attention to the dates of the posts you respond to. This poster has not been back since. He was told at that time that he could check with the DOL; given the nature of this thread I think it quite unlikely that if the DOL told him anything different than we have told him, he would not have come back to...shall we say, explore that option?

Leave a comment:

• KimNY
    replied
    Last i knew in NY as long as you have 8 hours off between shift you can work 13 days in a row. but they have to give you that 8 hours off in between. my mom was a manager and that is what she had said when i asked her. you can call the department of labor and ask them as well.

Leave a comment:

• hambone
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottB View Post
    There are no fines or fees for asking questions of a government agency.<snip>
    Spoken like a man who has never dealt with the NYC Dept of Sanitation...

Leave a comment:

• ScottB
    replied
    Originally posted by cbg View Post
    I would never tell someone NOT to check with the DOL.
    There are no fines or fees for asking questions of a government agency.

If the answer is anything different than what most of us have said, we would certainly be interested in learning about it. Laws and the interpretation of laws change.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    I agree. But I would never tell someone NOT to check with the DOL. If it will make the poster (and our notwirelesscarrier heckler) feel better to hear it from them, by all means, go ahead.

Leave a comment:

• ScottB
    replied
    Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
    Well, I interpret it the same way as cyjeff and robb71.
    Most of us do.

There is nothing in the law that shows it must be a set date. So, technically, an employee could have a day off, work twelve days and have another day off.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Well, I interpret it the same way as cyjeff and robb71.

Leave a comment:

• NotSprintNextel
    replied
    Jasmine,

I would call NYS Dept. of Labor and get clarification on that for it appears to be a matter of interpretation.

Leave a comment:

• cyjeff
    replied
    Most southern expressions are just to confuse Yankees... they really don't mean anything.

Heck, they really think that "Yee Haw" is an actual expression of intense delight.

Leave a comment:

• robb71
    replied
    Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
    I am not witty... just Southern.

We cannot talk without the aid of cliche....

Why, that would take all the beauty out of our language... make it "ugly enough to make a train take a dirt road".
    I grew up in South Carolina. I had a neighbor that loved saying "dead dogs don't bite". I never really understand her point, but it stuck with me after all these years.

Leave a comment:

• cyjeff
    replied
    I am not witty... just Southern.

We cannot talk without the aid of cliche....

Why, that would take all the beauty out of our language... make it "ugly enough to make a train take a dirt road".

Leave a comment:

• robb71
    replied
    Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
    Robb, you need not sound so surprised.... I am right sometimes.

Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while...
    I just enjoy hearing your witty replies. And I'm not disappointed this time either.

Leave a comment:

• cyjeff
    replied
    Robb, you need not sound so surprised.... I am right sometimes.

Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while...

Leave a comment:

• robb71
    replied
    cyjeff is correct!

It's not 7 consecutive days. It's 1-in-7 for each workweek. As long as you have at least one day off per week, the 1-in-7 rule has been satisfied. This is assuming that you are employed with a firm that is not exempt from these rules.

Leave a comment:

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X