Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

unemployment payments

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • unemployment payments

    i live in nyc i was recieving unemployment benfits from a previous employer. i found a temp job that lasted a month. a week before the assignment was to end i got ill i called into the office and stated that i would not be coming in for the rest of the assignment which would have ended that week i was offered a permanent part time job which i accepted when i reopened my claim i was denied benfits because i was told for the period i was out ill i was not ready or able to accept a job offer, but i was and i had accepted employment. i started a the new job which had a 6 week manadory training and you had to pass training in order to continue employment i failed the training and was terminated. again i reapplied for benfits because my benfit year does not end until 10/05 i only used a small portion of my benfits . prior to this i was told by unemployment that they would not give me my benfits because the last place of employment prior to taking the last job stated that i quit. how do you quit a temp assignment and if unemployment wants you to find employment why am i being penalized for trying to secure permanent employment i am currently unemployed and really need these benfits
    Last edited by geelove; 06-02-2005, 05:39 AM. Reason: want to reword

  • #2

    It is a little hard to understand your situation. However, you may be able to find your answer by looking through the state website at:
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.