This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied Unemployment New York

I need some advice. I worked for 5 months and 2 weeks and then I was laid off. I applied for unemployment and was denied stating that I did not work and earn wages in at least two calendar quarters and my total base period wages (1920.00)are below 1 1/2 times my highest quarter wages (8874.00). Is there a way to appeal this? I really need unemployment benefits.

Unless you have other income, I doubt you have any grounds for appeal. This isnt really a judgement call. You either have the minimum income for the number of quarters or you dont.
    I dont think theres much we can say to help.
    I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Agree with Morgana. If you don't have the requisite quarters of employment and wages in the base year, you don't qualify. There is nothing to appeal.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X