Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Refusal of Job Offer and Denied Benefits New York

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Refusal of Job Offer and Denied Benefits New York

    I was laid off back in January. I collected unemployment for 2 weeks, then I turned down a job offer. The pay was equal to my old job, but I asked around the industry and found out many NEGATIVE things about this company (including claims of sexual harassment). My gut feeling was this was not the right place for me to be working. And on top of that, the job that was offered to me was NOT the job I went in to interview for. I was denied benefits for turning down this job offer without "good cause". I am waiting for a hearing and have not heard anything yet. Do I stand a chance at winning this?? I feel like I am being punished for being honest and for trying to find the best job for myself in a safe environment.

  • #2
    The cards are not stacked in your favor. You were offered a job and delcined it. Pay was reasonable and your other comments are likely not going wash as good cause. However you have nothing to lose by appealing


    • #3
      You did turn down a job offer but only the state can make the decision whether you get UI. No one here can tell you that.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.