Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Accrued Vacation Pay New York

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Accrued Vacation Pay New York

    At the time I was terminated I had 4 weeks accrued vacation time due me. There was no written forfeit policy and I have been paid 4 weeks vacation per year for the last 5 years. As I understand it the money is owed to me. My problem is the Deptartment of Labor will not help me because it is more than $900 and an attorney will not take the case because it is too small for them and their fees will cost more than what I would end up with. Small claims court is not good because the amount due me is more than $5,000. Any suggestions on where to turn for help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

  • #2
    You're between a rock and a hard place. Have you tried a letter to the employer? Worse comes to worse, at least you could try small claims for the maximum.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.