This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unemployment insurance - partial layoff

Can employees who are on partial lay off qualify for partial unemployment?

Do they look at the entire household income to determine or just ther person who is laid off?

I work for a NFP. There are 20 ees. All but 4 of us have had our hours reduced by 20%.

Now, if I apply, will UI just look at the hours I lost, or do they look at household income in determining my eligibility?

Alot of the hourly employees are going to be greatly affected by this., I am exempt, but it is still a big chunk of change...

Thanks.

Can employees who are on partial lay off qualify for partial unemployment?

Depends on many factors, but it is certainly possible. However, a reduction of hours by 20% would suggest to me that you will still bring home far too much money in order to qualify.

Do they look at the entire household income to determine or just ther person who is laid off?

No, household income is completely irrelevant to the determination.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X