This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• executive exemption - seasonal supervision - NY New York

My last question was very complicated..so I will ask one portion of it and see where that gets me.

An employee works at a Not fo rprofit agency year round, She is classified as salaried, exempt.

She workds year round, but "program" only runs march-october. Therefore, she is only supervising 2 or more other ft employees during the "season", is she considered to be covered under the executive exemption?

Even during the season, she is only supervising maybe 8 employees, but they are all part time (10 hours/week each)

The remainder of the year, she is performing administrative things, and does not supervise the remaining 2 staff members. - they are equal in status.

What does "2 or more full imt eemployees or their equivalant" mean"..how loosely can that be translated and does hte above scenario fit?

thanks.

Duplicate post
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X