This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printout from electronic time clock, New York

I searched this site for this question with no luck, so I'll go ahead and ask.......I work for a medical practice in upstate New York that employs about 45 people. We recently began using an electronic time clock. As an employee, I can only search on the timeclock for the last punch I made, I can't check yesterday's punches or any other punches.

My paychecks are often slightly off from what I expect them to be so I have asked for a printout of what hours I am being paid for. They recently stopped allowing employees to receive this printout so I have no way of knowing if my punches are actually what I'm being paid for.

My immediate supervisor receives a printout for each pay period for each person is her department but she says the administration says she can't give me a copy anymore. I do keep a written record of what I believe my punches to be but this is not what I am paid from. Do I have the right to see the timeclock record of my punches?

Do I have the right to see the timeclock record of my punches? No. But you have the right to file a complaint with your State's Department of Labor if you believe you aren't being paid for all the time you work.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X